Thread: Football Season 2016/2017
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2016, 22:55   #300
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Same at Man United for EFL games, a decent price reduction on ticket prices.
As a kid I relied on cup games to see Newcastle play. I was too young to attend alone and the elders only had Wednesday nights off. They'd take a Tuesday off if they played that night (Weekends were off the cards as they ran a taxi firm) Money wasn't a huge factor but the generous ticket prices allowed us to attend pretty much every cup game at home per season, £15 for the Sunderland supporting grandfather and a fiver each for me and my brother. £25, you were laughing. That's 4 games for a hundred quid, in comparison, I paid £100 for two tickets upon Keegan's second coming at home to Bolton. £88 for two seats at home to City.

Even as I got old enough to go alone, he still attended, a die hard football lover that supported Sunderland but would go anywhere to watch the game played. That's the reason you'll never see me slag of Sunderland fans or the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4349841.stm

£25 quid to watch Shearer score goals, worth every penny.

Attended the home tie against Sporting Lisbon just after that, Shearer scoring a retaken headed goal twice in a 1-0 win. (Scored once from a crossed free-kick that was disallowed and retaken, scored again, the madman)

Then crashed out to them in the second leg 4-1.

All in all though, Champions League nights will never change, I experienced them a few times but as you all know, it's not coming again anytime soon. Uefa cup nights though used to be just as amazing, but it's just vanished, a few seasons ago I went to all the home ties and it just doesn't feel the same, it feels how people describe the league cup. The straight knockout format was much better for me.