View Single Post
Old 20-09-2016, 20:14   #126
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Clinton is just as bent and has used her foundation for equally if not more dodgy dealings.

But of course Trump is much worse..................

http://observer.com/2016/08/the-six-...needs-to-know/
That's a bit weak. The Washington Post story is saying he used the money for other means which would be illegal. Some of those 'scandals' are just inferences the writer chooses to make without substance:

Quote:
Bill raked in at least $26 million from speaking to organizations that also donated to the Clinton Foundation. Sure, they paid him to speak to him, and he may have spoken to them just for the money, but I’m sure it didn’t hurt that they also donated to the foundation.
I mean all of them suggest some sort that people that donated to the charity also donated to Clinton. That is different to what Trump is being accused of. The money to Clinton's campaign was separate to that of the charity. She didn't use charitable funds for her campaign. The main one problem there is people who had meetings with Clinton who also donated to her charity. Which is bad but rather typical of politics. Even in the UK the biggest contributors to the political parties will get dinners/access to their leaders.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
What a choice eh?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump were to win and God only knows what sort of mess he'll make of the job. Mind you, maybe there are powerful people behind the scenes in the likes of the CIA and NSA who'd rather like to have someone they can manipulate at the helm of good ship America...
It makes you nostalgic for the days of Romney and McCain. I didn't agree with them on pretty much anything, obviously, but they were within the scope of normal political discourse. Neither of them were like Trump. He isn't even conservative. Just a campaign fueled on hate. No policies on anything other than building a war, keeping out Muslims and touring the families of suspected terrorists.

Last edited by Damien; 20-09-2016 at 20:34.