View Single Post
Old 16-09-2016, 13:41   #296
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Updated] Theresa May is new UK PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Was promising initially but has disappointed since. Grammar schools, her poor performance in PMQs this week, showing an inability to think on her feet when she doesn't have pre-prepared soundbites.

She shows a disturbing contempt for evidence-based policies already, and seems set on ensuring we are very clear the more 'liberal' conservatism from Dave is done.

The Conservatives' poll numbers are intensely flattered by the utter shambles that is the Labour party. Thankfully one small silver lining is that it opens up the field a bit for the Liberal Democrats to progress.
The Liberal Democrats are making massive gains in council by-elections. Not representative I know but yesterday they won one on a 28% swing. Can't seem them doing so in Parliamentary elections though. Liberalism is dying.

I think it's too early to judge May. She does seem to be picking fights she doesn't need to though and I don't know why. I can't see the upside for her, politically, by starting with grammar schools unless she is trying to get the side of the Tory party who disliked Cameron onside before shafting them on Brexit terms. By doing this she has already annoyed the Cameron-wing of the Tory party and Osborne was on the radio today showing his discontent.

We can give her a pass on PMQs though. It's only her third and she has no experience on the other end of the dispatch box unlike Cameron or Blair. Also I don't think people care that much.

Last edited by Damien; 16-09-2016 at 13:44.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote