View Single Post
Old 13-09-2016, 09:09   #3470
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Mark, don't do this - it adds no value except to make you feel better.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Most places ask for references after interviews, as it is much more work to do it for 20 unsuccessful candidates than one successful one - they may ask for a reference if you are shortlisted for an interview, but it is very unlikely that all applicants' references are requested, and by telling her this may happen, you could damage your working relationship (and any chances of being given further opportunities, as why would somebody give a good thing to someone who has said they are leaving...).

Can I also suggest you think about an answer (should you get to interview stage) to the question "why are you leaving your current job, as you've only been there a short while?".

You need to think of positive reasons, because if you say it is because you're unhappy due to (list of reasons), they will wonder if you will feel the same way in the new job, and this may count against you.

My advice to you would be to stay in your current job until you have at least a year's solid experience, which looks better on your CV than a short spell after a long period of unemployment.

I know you are having issues, but it is likely the same type of issues will arise wherever you go, and you do seem to (at times) to be enjoying what you do and are gaining good experience.
All good points, but I cannot be doing with the office politics anymore. I think my best course of action is to ask my manager for a one on one talk with her, and sit down with her away from others and talk through some of the issues I have.

Yes, I do like the job and by and large like the people I work with but sometimes it gets so bitchy that I just want to walk out on them all and never look back. 2 of the workers I get one with the best are both quitting at the end of the month, so once they go I will be one of the longest serving staff members there at just 3 months!

Sadly this all seems to stem from me being an idiot and telling her how I feel about her. Wish I had kept my big gob shut now.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote