View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 21:57   #9
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Apple Ditches Headphone Socket in iPhone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Read between the lines of the whole thing. This is solely to receive licencing fees from the various companies that will now develop third party connectors or audio hardware designed for this phone. Apple being Apple. What's new?
Bluetooth would still work. As would anything using the adapter but lightening or their W1 chip will probably require licensing.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Apple...

Not quite what they used to be.
iPhone 7 so many leaks, it's as well jobs is dead he'd have been livid.
The leaks were almost certainly intentional. Apple PR clearly leaked the headphone news ahead of time to soften the impact of it's removal. The backlash isn't nearly as bad as it would have been had it not been known in advance.

Quote:
Apple could have deflected the no jack thing by simply including Wireless charging of the phone. You know that thing Androids been doing for years. It would at least have stopped the charging phone or listening to my el crappo lightning port headphone jack add on dilemna.
I think the metal they use the phone hampers the wireless charging and they're unlikely to use plastic. The rumour is they're working on 'true' wireless charging which would not require connection to the pad or what have you, just being in the vicinity of the charger. Although I do think they should have had wireless charging already.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote