View Single Post
Old 22-08-2016, 00:04   #6574
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
That deal with EE by BT Sports, is probably the reason why we had THREE increases in subs, just to pay the 140 million quid.

Its a disgusting amount of money. I can see when the next set of talks about sports. I can honestly see BT outbidding everyone.

At the end of the day, each broadcaster should have an equal share of sports. I do know that FiFA and Eufa are not happy, as viewing figures are down.
bodies feel that everyone should see
I don't think BT sport will out bid it will be interesting but it's got to reach a limit at some point there paying 10 million a game at the moment. BT might get more games as sky might feel they can drop a package. Also next bidding its for 190 games a extra 22 games which is another package so could see 3 games on a sunday from the 2019-20 season

its 120Million which when you look at how much BT spend on sports per year its a bargin. just on the two biggest contracts BT have to pay 619m per year.

BT Premier League £960m 3 Years = 320M Per Year
Champions League £897m 3 Years = 299M Per Year

Rumours are Sky Sports take up on Virgin Media is only around 20% though this was before the new relationship (been a few years now) that is pushing movies and sports to virgin customers on sky channels plus having access to their apps etc.
Virgin media 3.7m TV Subs = 740,000 take sky sports

I doubt even half of them would sub BT Sport at around 20 pounds per month but having it free makes you stay.
Sky Customers that don't have BT Broadband pay 21.99 for SD & 26.99 for HD. If you hate sport it looks bad but for me it's the only thing making me stay with virgin media currently otherwise i would move to sky for a faster box SKY Q as tivo is just crap and 4K.

Virgin are upset at the EE deal but this is a sign BT need more subs especially as UEFA are not happy with viewing figures of champions league. Most will do the 6 months free and cancel anyway.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote