View Single Post
Old 13-08-2016, 16:27   #296
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
These figures are being banded about like confetti! We simply don't know what VM will charge and you seem to be ignoring the fact that Virgin have already given a pretty good indication that their new box will be cheaper than Sky Q.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Where do you get the idea that Virgin will not have much 4K to offer? You are making some big assumptions here.
Well sky movies and sky sports 4K for virgin hasn't been guaranteed, we should get bT sport 4K but because virgin customers on XL for free there MIGHT be an additional charge. We will get some on demand 4K to justify charging extra

1. Virgin on demand 4K - Very Likely

2. BT Sport 4K - Likely but maybe a extra charge

3. Sky sports and movies - Possable

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
What happened with the reports that testing wasn't going well and that it wouldn't be released until 2017 or has that resulted in the decision to rush it out with the same software that is on the current Tivos as an interim measure until the non-Tivo replacement is ready?
I think those issues have been worked on because they don't want to delay the release any later than they have to

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
These figures are being banded about like confetti! We simply don't know what VM will charge and you seem to be ignoring the fact that Virgin have already given a pretty good indication that their new box will be cheaper than Sky Q.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Where do you get the idea that Virgin will not have much 4K to offer? You are making some big assumptions here.
Well here is the thing if I'm wrong I will say I'm wrong but if I'm correct then not good times
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote