View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 07:28   #710
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
I think it is unlikely that the EU or indeed Europe will allow access to the single market without acceptance of the freedom of movement principle.

We can only reduce numbers by:-

a) limiting access to benefits which we are already doing

b) getting our unemployed into jobs so there are no jobs available, however that won't stop people coming to set up their own businesses

c) applying the Australian style system to rest of the world immigration

d)removing foreign nationals who are guilty of crimes and other undesirables seeking to promote radicalisation and rebellion

e)having a better plan to deal with resource provision in areas where there are high immigrant populations so that local British nationals are not disadvantaged

Many voters voted to leave because they were unable to get their children into the school of their choice or were unable to get doctors' appointments due to demand or could not get a job.

These were issues in the hands of national and local government and their failure to deal with these problems effectively has made their lives intolerable and has led to resentment of immigrants.

The government will have to have a better plan, because better conditions for British nationals in immigrant areas will lead to greater acceptance especially as immigrants appear to be willing to do jobs that UK nationals are not willing or able to do.
Do we actually need to have access to the single market? What's to stop us just trading with the EU countries we trade with now like Germany, for example? I don't think we trade with all countries in the single market so why have access to it? I'm not sure how it would work but you could have private deals with the countries we do trade with in the EU surely?