Thread: Football Euro 2016 thread
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2016, 00:06   #123
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Euro 2016 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Adzi, the whole team were poor. I cannot believe that l was watching a FULL INTERNAIONAL of top quality players to wear an England shirt.

When you ply in competitions, you play a MAIN squad, don't keep changing, that why they play friendlies. And Kane was terrible.

You play a settled team, and that's when you get results.

Ian Wright, when he said, WHY changed the Back four. Either Hodgson has lost the plot, or the team are picking themselves.

Just look at Hodgson when the team are playing badly, he just sits on the bench. He shoul be standing in the tech area. Barking out orders.

I can see the next side we meet will demolish us.

Even the main papers in London were saying that we were Second rate. Did you see the look Rooney gave Hodgson, when he came off the pitch. That to me says it all.
I dont disagree with the Slovakia game at all. See my earlier comments regarding Wilshere and Henderson. Both players offered absolutely nothing to the front two players. Id like to think we had depth but its pretty clear the midfield is set in stone from here on in and just can't be changed. We merely underestimated Slovakia's resolve and assumed we could rest a few lads which ultimately cost us the top position. As a whole I think we have a lot more to offer but mistakes can not and will not be rectified from now on. If we mess up we go home.

I think we could hold our own against teams considered better but my worries lie solely on the ability to get that crucial goal and whether Joe Hart can settle himself. Something about Hart has typical England cock up written on it.

Regarding Kane, he's been awful but as I said above there is a but in there. That 'but' being he's the only one to never start with a second striker. Maybe he's just finding himself isolated and again im against one striker line ups.

So with all that being said I'm solely concerned about how long its taking to get settled in. With Rooney, Sturridge and Vardy starting there's going to be no excuse for Hodgson anymore. I disagree with those once again suggesting we write this off and let him build. They said that at the world cup.. To build for this Euros. Its do or die for Roy. Otherwise his heads as good as gone.

There's no standout sides. The big boys either look like us or are playing worse. Spain look like absolute crap at times and crumble every time you push them. Germany are playing a lot like us. Lots of controlling but minimal end product. Portugal were DOA bar some miracle in the last 16. Now we have confirmed one of Italy or Spain won't be going to the last 16. If Spain aren't careful they could find their dodgy defence turned over. Check out their possession vs Croatia against Croatia's shots... Spain are going to be punished further if they continue like that.

I don't really care who wins the Euros to be fair so long as they win it with better football than the stuff that's been shown so far.

Group stages are closing though. All this could mean nothing come the next round if teams get their heads down.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 22-06-2016 at 00:17.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote