View Single Post
Old 25-05-2016, 15:58   #2747
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Could this be the start of the big global operators giving Sky a run for their money? Looks like Sky Disney will not last for much longer unless it is going to concentrate on their older stuff.

http://advanced-television.com/2016/...s-this-summer/

Netflix has announced that from September it will be the exclusive US pay-TV home for all Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar movies released from 2016 onwards.

Meaning, it will be the only place to find movies such as Captain America: Civil War, The Jungle Book and the upcoming Star Wars sequels and the Rogue One spin-off prequel.

“The 2016 (Disney) releases will start rolling on in September and we’ll share specific dates/titles closer to their premiere on the service,” Netflix told Variety.

The deal was actually signed three years ago and is reported to have cost Netflix $400 million.
As the deal is just for the US, Sky Movies Disney is not affected. My guess this is a trial and if it pays off for Netflix, they may seek to expand it more widely which of course would threaten Sky Movies Disney. But in the UK, they would face a very strong challenge from Sky.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
No mate i'm with you and Max on this the EU can just do one, roll on next month i say when we can start the process to leave this stupid state.
Given the choice of 20% European content (which we have anyway) v a cost of £20bn-£40bn a year of leaving the EU then like VM I'm voting to stay put. It's not a perfect organisation by any stretch of the imagination but independent research shows that we will suffer if we leave.
"The highly respected Institute for Fiscal Studies accused the Brexit campaign on Wednesday of peddling “clearly absurd” figures suggesting Britain would save large sums of money if it left the EU.
Rather than saving £350m a week, or £18bn a year, from Brexit, the IFS research suggests a vote to leave would cost £20bn to £40bn a year and require additional austerity, lasting into the next decade, if the government still wanted to eliminate the deficit."
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b2858ec6-2...#axzz49WKuUSyj (registration required)