Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 08:52   #164
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Thumbs down Re: Boxing/MMA

Khan boxing on the back foot, slower naturally because of an absurd jump in two weights. The media are right, there's no shame but at the same time there's still gaping holes all over this. I get Amir wants to be Mr charity, lavish lifestyle etc. There's a point though where you're either that or a boxer not both. Virgil hunter has a lot to answer for, the gamechanger wasn't the knockdown but rather the 5th round in which Virgil never gave any sort of usable advice. If Canelo is closing that distance and getting in then you quickly need to change it again to keep the guy and his corner guessing, Hunter should be on that in an instant. In Hunter's defence I guess that's hard to employ when you've never seen your boxer for the best part of a year.

Once again though, you didn't see Floyd jump two weights to play silly against Canelo, this was suicide at best. The coming months are crucial for Khan. Does he actually make an attempt to be a boxer or does he have another massive layoff and get himself into a fight he really isn't prepared for.

Golovkin might finally get his chance to take out Canelo though and unify the division. GGG is a phenom, this guy will take out anyone in his path so the thought of Canelo vs GGG is a tasty one.