View Single Post
Old 14-04-2016, 10:06   #2929
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I came off that when it reached RTM, so creating the media now via the laptop hopefully that will either let me do a repair or reinstall and hopefully my SDD hasn't gone pear shaped.
Ah, hopefully you can rescue things. Windows 10 seems to have worse disaster management than older versions. The ability to get straight into Windows Repair (Which does kick in without needing media to do so but only if a boot fails entirely) would be nice.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/boot-windows-10-safe-mode/

I know you can't do it now, but look at Method Two at this link. You can re-enable the ability to hit F8 upon boot to get into the startup menu, saving the need in future to get another USB disk etc to boot in situations like this.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote