View Single Post
Old 15-03-2016, 18:45   #693
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Will reply to your other post when I have a bit more time OB, but (bib) are you suggesting that linear channels will begin to die in the next 2-3 years then OB, or have I mis-read your statement?

Also, I know how I live with a Now TV box. It is called a Sky+ box and a decent deal.
It's difficult to say, Harry. It depends not only on the take up of streaming services in the short term but also the economic situation. However, I would have thought the broadcast channels are safe for at least three years, yes. By the end of the decade, I think we will see a marked decline in quality of programming on those channels that are still operating. In 20, I believe they may all have ceased to exist.

Obviously, this is all speculative, and assumes that rabbits are not pulled out of hats to the extent that broadcast channels are reprieved, but I really can't see that happening. The way I see it, the economics just don't add up when you look at the way things are going. I can't think of anything that would lead to linear channels surviving 20 years.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote