View Single Post
Old 18-02-2016, 12:09   #417
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Our washing machine. We woke to hear bleeping and found the washing machine wasn't draining and was full of dirty water. After using the emergency drain, inspecting the pump housing and impeller revealed the problem - one of the bathroom mats had shed tons of its latex backing and this was clogging everything up from the water outlet in the drum to the impeller. A lot of fiddling around with some 2.5mm copper wire allowed me to clear the small hose from the drum and of all the accumulated gunk then repeated rinse/drain cycles cleared the rest. It's purring now and so am I. Phew!

I'd woken up a bit fed up this morning but my little DIY challenge has taken my mind off all that and now the sun's out I'm going to sow some tomato seeds in my heated seed tray.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote