View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 09:52   #558
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Alas, PB I did seem to "get it". Unfortunately you wanted to have a discussion on the differences between linear pay TV and non pay linear TV. I agreed with your views, and you did not seem to get that and wanted to keep mentioning it. It's a shame you no longer want to have a discussion on it, I was quite happy to contribute as much as I could - even if it would have been a rather limited contribution.

As for my long winded posts, I am sorry if they have been too long for you. I will remember in future to keep my posts short and simple for you.

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, basically I agree with this. Sky now seem to have taken stock and realised that the trend will be away from linear broadcast channels In favour of streaming. Although, as Harry said, Now TV allows viewers to watch the channels it offers live, I have never used that part of the service.

It is true that the Superbowl attracted a huge number of viewers for linear TV, but then, there was no alternative if you wanted to watch it as it happened. However, in time, the streaming of live events will be the norm.
And how many streaming services do our American cousins have OB? How much does it cost them? How many do services do you think will launch over here, and how much do you think they will cost?
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote