View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 13:35   #557
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Where have I have ever said I disagree that linear to will be effected by streaming services? OB has an opinion that linear tv will be extinct within 20 years, I disagree with that opinion. As stated in previous quotes (if you ever bother to read them correctly) I have never disagreed that linear pay tv will lose subscribers. Do please show me the quotes where I have denied this. If I remember correctly, you have put words in my mouth more than once, so I won't hold my breath waiting for you to find a quote. If it exists, I will happily apologize.

How am I artificially limiting the scope of this discussion? Have I said I won't discuss anything with you? I have simply said I agree that some people will cut the cord, but all linear tv will survive. How can I expand on a discussion if I agree with main part of the discussion?

With regards my statement on now tv, how have accepted not accepted what is "pointed out to me"? I have freely admitted I was unaware people could use it solely as an on demand provider, again please quote where I have not. How many times do you want to bring it up? It's getting rather regions now. I would never suggest how you use now tv is wrong, just like I don't think anyone using the linear side of it is wrong.

As for pontificating, I have freely admitted where I was ignorant in the use of now tv, have agreed with statements you have made regarding the effect on demand services could have on pay linear tv, and tried to highlight how my discussion with OB is different that my discussion with you.

It is your good self, who is continuing to try and have a discussion on a topic you have brought into the discussion (which anyone is entitled to so) and which I pretty much agree with you on and it is you who is not really taking then taking discussion forward by not responding directly to many of my posts. Instead,you have gone back to the original reason as to you joined this discussion (and most welcome you are) and have for the third or fourth time, highlighted your thoughts on linear tv. Just in case you missed my previous statements, I agree with your thoughts on the subject.

As such, it is with the greatest respect to you, that it is you wholikes to pontificate, rather more than (or equally as much, if you prefer) than me.

Now, having said all of the above, how would like to continue with the discussion and move it forward?
Earlier this morning, before you had posted, I had a feeling I hadn't expressed something correctly but wasn't able to change it at the time.

You have indeed said that pay TV will be affected differently. And I knew that when I posted. I was trying to say that you don't seem to want to discuss those acknowledged separate implications in the thread, but want to lump all linear TV into one within this discussion. The way I worded it was incorrect, suggesting that you didn't think that FTA and Pay TV will be affected, which was incorrect as you had already agreed with that. It was my bad phraseology that caused the confusion for which I apologise.

Having said all that. I simply replied to a part of one of your post because you had misunderstood the full implications of Now TV and the part it plays in the linear versus streaming debate.

You didn't seem to get that. So I'm simply going to leave it there. Sorry, but I have no interest in replying to your rather long winded posts on this particular thread.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote