View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 16:14   #545
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Sorry PB, I don't fully understand the post, or quite why you posted it. I have alluded to its on demand content by saying it is not an exclusive on demand provider.
It also follows a linear tv schedule, and will be for many years to come. Whilst it still uses linear tv, surely it can not be classed as a threat to the future for linear tv channels?
It offers box sets and catchup TV content from Pay TV channels

This is where I see the real attack on linear TV; the Pay TV channels. Freeview linear TV channels have a long future. But it's content that is mainly shown on the pay TV channels that streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon and Now TV are catering for, and why people such as myself are well served by Freeview and the streaming services mentioned above.

This is why your statement:

Quote:
Now TV is a linear based streaming service,
doesn't reflect the bigger picture with regard to the whole linear channel debate, which Now TV is playing a big part in regards to linear Pay TV.

This is why Sport is being held back in regards to fair price streaming options; it's to keep sports fans tied into high priced pay TV twelve month contracts.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote