View Single Post
Old 31-01-2016, 01:48   #2514
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
1) Streaming the channels wouldn't require a new box. That's what the current one does.
2) It would be a waste of bandwidth for the majority who can get good DTT reception
3) It would be rubbish for me as I get poor broadband (as do many others)
It does say the current app/box will get a new UI in Feb and you are right it doesn't need a new box I just hope it is a early miscommunication.

It is a easy way to get a load of channels in one simple box, also would be brilliant as a mobile app, the tuner in my second TV doesn't even work.

This product probably isn't aimed at people who have rubbish broadband, it is aimed squarely at people who want to cut the cord but have a cheap option. Imagine how attractive a Pay TV service would be bundled in with freeview? You would watch all those channels while Sky still get to advertise to you from within the app.