View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 20:17   #2413
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post

I think Netflix is a disrupter to shake the old guard (the big media giants) and I agree they have done a lot right. But I think that is changing, they are getting too complacent, raising prices, taking liberties with customers by removing content and not giving forewarning of it etc.
I am not sure how you say they are getting complacent? All companies have to raise prices, the service was dirt cheap £5.99, they raised prices but told existing customers they would keep paying the old price for 18 months (I can't remember the exact time frame).

Their HD package is £7.49, add in a DNS service, and you pretty much have unlimited content. Prices have gone up but it has been poured into making superb originals, Networks have been making rubbish superhero TV shows for decade and Netflix comes along and hits it out of the park with their first attempt. In fact they have gotten so good at their originals that network TV doesn't excite me at all anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Agreed however don't forget the traditional broadcasters have a far greater amount of content at their disposal , content they can easily move to their own services leaving Netflix with nothing but it's originals.
There is already talk of some networks wanting to delay the time frame in which it sells content to Netflix, I think TW has even publicly mentioned maybe holding onto content for 2 to 3 years before allowing them access. Here is the thing I think the Networks are about to get a rude awakening their content isn't that good, Netflix is producing HBO and Showtime quality shows, they are ramping up to 31 new shows this year.

While the quality of shows on Netflix is consistent, Network TV is struggling, people are fed up of shows being cancelled after one season, they are churning out cop procedural shows one after the other.

Netflix has almost 70 million subscribers worldwide, and they just launched in 130 new countries last week, they will easily break the 100 million. No one has that kind of reach, sell your show to Netflix and you have a global audience, you can generate global buzz about your show.

TW may talk about it but if they launch it will be US only for years, look at Hulu they have had to abandon their plans for the UK as they simply couldn't get the content deals.