View Single Post
Old 28-11-2015, 11:51   #2282
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Come on OB, the ads will come to streaming sooner rather than later. What will make me chuckle is if streamers cant skip through them though.

Streaming can become king for all I care. As long as I have the choice to keep using an STB with record, FFW, and rewind, I will be happy.

That being said, I still don't think streaming will be future.

Oh, you can already watch programmes without ads - it's called the BBC, but that is something else you to change - which ironically will have to show adverts to help fund it if you had your way. That in itself is equally ironic, considering your hatred of adverts
We are currently watching 'Indian Summers' on All4 and you can't skip through the ads on there - most annoying. Although I suppose it does give me an opportunity to go to the kitchen to pour some more drinks!

As for the BBC, I have only suggested commercials as a means of increasing the funding to the organisation, given the popular uprising against the licence fee. Such advertisements should be discreetly placed between, but not during programmes.

I'd still avoid watching them, of course!

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
If the STB's do stop FFW through ads, that will suck. But Tivo bolt will let you skip them anyway. If the worst comes to the worst, I will simply choose to keep an STB that allows me to ffw through ads for as long as I can.

I simply refuse to believe HULU (or anyone) will be able make more money through non-ad subscriptions than advertisers. You can not tell me that they could get more than the £3.05 per month per customer which they currently charge. Ad free viewing is just a rouse to get people buying streaming services, when the subscription figures are high enough, they will pull the rug out from under the ad free viewing.
Well, who knows, Harry, but I hope you are wrong. I think there should be a subscription only option without ads for those prepared to pay for it.