View Single Post
Old 18-11-2015, 10:33   #2384
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Been fitting some new skirting boards in the main living room here.

Blimmin nightmare, I think the builders must have levelled the walls with a curly-wurly
No problem, just go to your local timber yard and ask for the rain damaged stock...

================================================== =

Staples - long, short, thick, thin I hate them! all!!!

I've been trying to reclaim the hardwood from our old sofas which I broke up months ago because it was far too expensive to have them recovered and we were able to buy 2 x 4 seater leather sofas for not much more.

No wonder the old ones lasted so well (over 25 years) with no creaks or wobbles - I've never seen anything like it, there were literally thousands of the damned things, each of which needed to be removed. Scrapes, puncture wounds, bruises, blisters etc., you name it I suffered it. The latest injury from last week involved the sharp end of a fabric staple puncturing my right index finger between the outside edge of the nail and the skin. My God has it been painful!! It's not infected but it's agony whenever I knock it, which is quite frequently it turns out. I've got it covered with some plasters and cotton wool for cushioning but it's a right PITA and still causing me grief over a week later. Was the wood worth the time and pain?? Jury's out...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote