ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08
Re: Powerline Speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Is this your first pair of powerline adapters? What is or are the make and model number(s)? These speeds are being achieved via VM? Are direct connections to your broadband connection hard wired achieving better speeds?
Not the first pair I've used.. but the only pair I have plugged in.

Model number is: TP-LINK TL-PA411 (500mbps)

Yes these are connected straight to my router. Hard wired router speeds around 156mbps. Highest I can achieve on PL is 22mbps. I have tried upstairs-downstairs (changing the PL from plugged in next to router to plug socket opposite side of room), also tried adjacent room from router and lastly the same room as the router, and still can only achieve 22mbps TOPS.

Very annoying. I only need it to achieve 35mbps so that I don't have to pay to get an ethernet line installed from upstairs-downstairs for BT Infinity

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
What is your broadband speed? If you are on adsl, 25mbs sounds about right
Pretty sure ADSL tops out at around 17mbps. I'm with VM 150mbps.

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
I'd do some quick tests first:

1: Try both adaptors plugged in to the same (non surge protected) power strip and see what the speed is

2: Make sure the powerline units aren't on surge protected power strips, and are, if possible, on the same ring main (my own powerline setup ran at half speed when the units were on separate circuits)
Done both of these now. Doesn't make a difference
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote