View Single Post
Old 25-08-2015, 22:56   #2578
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It would have been superfluous if you had actually said there was no value in a we-told-you-so attitude ... but you didn't. What you actually said was, "anyone wishing to preserve the Union might consider it unwise to belittle their choice of representation for the sake of a question best left (known but) unsaid".

There seems to me to be a very clear difference between "no value" and "unwise". Just to assuage any possible doubt, you also suggested it was "best left ... unsaid", hence my earlier post. There was far too much of this from the Yessers last year, either trying to stop no campaigners saying anything at all, or else making fanciful claims that anything said in support of "no" would inevitably increase support for "yes".

It was gash then, and it's gash now.
Well I think my PoV is clear in the course of the fuller exchange. I hadn't expected each word to be dissected; you flatter me.

I seem to be more diplomatic in my views as regards Scotland. Perhaps because I regard myself as British rather than Eng/Scot/Welsh/Irish.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote