View Single Post
Old 24-08-2015, 13:10   #2571
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
When he says supporters, I suspect he means (at most), the exactly half of those who voted in the 2015 general election, that being the most recent electoral test they have faced.

Note the difference between those who vote, and the electorate as a whole. 35.5% of the electorate supported the SNP at the general election - that's 50% of voters on a 71% turnout.

And, by the way, we had all those dire threats last year, about how unionists had better shut up, or else every time they open their mouth the Yes vote will get bigger.

How did that work out, does anyone remember?
Yes I did mean those who voted for Salmond's nonsense.

Maybe those who naively voted SNP (whatever proportion that was) believing their Greek style economic projections have had time to consider their very good fortune that the referendum went the 'wrong' way. Had it not done so they'd be well and truly up a certain creek without a paddle. As for leaving such questions unsaid, why? Those fine proud Scots ought to be man enough to admit their good fortune or do the other thing and carry on regardless. They're great at dishing out the 'auld enemy' guff when things are going pear shaped so maybe a taste of reality on their own would have been good for them. I think the SNP's leadership needs to be shown up for what it is and if that makes more Scots vote for them so be it. Let them have their way or shut up.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote