View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 05:51   #830
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

I held off and held off but finally gave in and installed it last night.

Thoughts....not too sure about the icons, fonts, layouts etc. I much prefer those on 8.1. They're similar obviously but I like things looking the way I'm used to.

Like just about everyone else I think the return of a functional start button is great.

Performance-wise, my laptop is aging a bit but 8.1 ran perfectly well so I was hoping 10 wouldn't cause any lag issues and I've not been disappointed. In fact other than cosmetic changes and some things being in different places I'm not finding any differences to 8.1 at all so I'm glad 10 is going to be free.

The only thing I've noticed so far and it's not a massive issue is the desktop, once loaded seems to take about 20 seconds longer to display my icons and complete all start-ups even though I've always set them to minimum but again it isn't a major problem as I rarely switch it off (waking from standby appears to be fine) other than a reboot after a Windows update etc.

All in all I'm happy with it but for me the only real benefit is the return of the start button.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote