View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 12:19   #352
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
There is no reason why a company such as Ford could not come up with a global general promotional piece, and, also, modern technology would allow Netflix to insert regional variations easily and automatically.

And as far as 'any one territory', the user base for US Netflix is more than sufficient for an add campaign.

Are you sure you're not looking for hidden meanings, in what is actually, just a simple statement?
I think Chris is using this argument to justify his view that linear TV is safe. He is basically saying that if all on demand and streaming services were flooded with adverts, everything would stay as it is, and I agree that it probably would in those circumstances.

However, it is not going to happen. Streaming services will continue to be funded primarily through subscriptions, and this is what will make them attractive to viewers.

Netflix has confirmed that this is the approach they will take and I don't think an argument based on the premise that they are lying is sustainable.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote