View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 10:29   #328
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
I do like your world you depict Old Boy, where i choose soley what i want to watch, and when, and just watch live shows as/when they on.

My fear is without advertisment , this utopian world you depict will cost a hell of alot MORE cash to replace the lost revenue of advertisement which we musnt underestimate. (or is full of endorsement/product placement which is the same)

I yet to see in your arguement how they would get the alternative cash, as I said subscriptions would sky rocket from their current amount which is too much for some now
In this new world, there will inevitably be some downsides. It's not really a matter of whether we like that world or not, it's really a question of observing what is happening and for how much longer, with all the developments taking place, viewers will put up with the way things are now.

Perhaps a good balance would be to have sites which give the option of more expensive subscriptions or advertising, but I can't see the likes of HBO going for that.

For me, the ability to choose from a huge library of material without commercials getting in the way, is heaven!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote