View Single Post
Old 17-04-2015, 17:40   #239
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
And that was the whole point of this thread!

When I watch my grandkids confidently finding their entertainment with a remote and the TIVO, it's awesome. They don't have the patience to select linear channels and wait for what they want to see.

In 20 years time, the 9 and 4 year olds will be 29 and 24, and there's a generation before them who are already hooked to the new ways of watching TV. And they will be in their late fifties!

That's why I cannot see the linear channels being profitable in the years to come.
So your grand kids don't watch anything live on TV? No Cbeebies or whatever kids channels there are on linear TV? Nothing live after school? The 9 year old does not watch anything live on linear TV in the evening?

Do they simply plonk right down in front of Netflix et al and watch the limited supply of old shows on there?

On a lighter note, are you secretly brain washing them into thinking linear tv is not the future?
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote