View Single Post
Old 14-04-2015, 13:34   #1578
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Tbf VM are just as bad they have kept their network to themselves and why not?
Pretty sure you'll find other providers use VM's network for backhaul capacity.

However I agree that unfortunately Sky have invested heavily in the content and therefore hold all the cards

This strategy doesn't seem to be having any adverse impact on turnover as people keep paying year on year. When people stop paying for the premium content Sky will invest in something else and retain the rights to that..whatever it may be. Until then they know the content they have is in high demand and therefore has a price, which they are free to set.

In the meantime they have played a blinder with NowTV. A few years ago Sky were making no money from me, the cost of movies on VM was too much and I gave up my sports subs. Now I am paying them for movies every few months and throw then £15 each year Game of Thrones starts.