View Single Post
Old 25-03-2015, 11:05   #188
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You really do ignore the FACTS fon't you Arthur.

clarkson himself reported the incident and NOT the producer.

The producer has never logged a complaint or reported what happened.

Also the FACTS have still not been made public, so its still speculation at the moment. I highly doubt that there was any punches thrown or anything else for that matter.

The show would not survive or continue WITHOUT Clarkson.
The fact that Clarkson reported the incident and the Police don't seem to be involved would suggest to me that he probably just shouted at the producer, not actually hit him. There seems to be a group at the BBC that wants Clarkson out (after all, how would the papers have got access to the recording of him saying the N word?), and I have no doubt that if they had evidence, or even reasonable suspicion of violence, they would have encouraged the producer to go to the Police, and the Police would now be looking into it. Even though the Police can't confirm or deny who they have in custody, they normally release a vague statement along the lines of "We are questioning a 54 year old man in connection with a possible assault". AFAIK, We've had no such statement.

Don't get me wrong. I don't know what happened any more than anyone else here, but the fact that Clarkson himself reported it to the BBC, and no further action appears to have been taken since either by the Police or the BBC suggests that it's not as bad as been made out.

I could be wrong, though.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote