View Single Post
Old 19-03-2015, 13:21   #185
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Anything that you can do in your living room of an evening, that is not watching linear broadcast TV, will inevitably have an impact on the overall viewing figures of linear TV channels. But you haven't been arguing simply that broadcast viewing figures will take a hit - your hypothesis here is that VOD will at some point overtake linear to the point that linear, over-the-air broadcast will end.

Many, many reasons have been provided in this thread why that will not happen any time in the foreseeable future.
Yes, this is what I have been arguing and other media reports support that analysis.

I am certainly not arguing that this will happen overnight, and as has been pointed out, TV advertising revenues are increasing at the moment. I am just saying that in the long term, this trend will reverse sharply.

Of course, the TV broadcasters could find various ways of pre-empting this scenario, but if they do not adapt, they will, unfortunately, die.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote