View Single Post
Old 18-03-2015, 01:03   #5629
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Actually I think it's more desperate from BT than the BBC, but I am disappointed that this will be used to reflect the BBC's "commitment to sport" which, in my opinion, is actually just something they pay lip service to.

And I don't "hate" the BBC. But, and we're going over old ground here, I don't watch it and I don't like the institutional bias in its news output, so I'd like the option of not having to pay for it.
Seriously, you have never watched at least one series of anything in the past? No Generation game? no Big Break? no Top Gear? No Steptoe and Son, no Dad's Army, no Last of The Summer Wine? no Apprentice? no League of Gentlemen? no Alan Partridge? no Question of Sport, no Only Connect, no Mastermind? no FA cup when Palace have played? no Match of the day!?!

How could you have not watched any of the 2012 Olympics? The feel good mood of the country was awesome, thanks mainly to the BBC showing the Olympics FTA.

When was the last full year you went without watching or listening to something on the BBC or which was comissioned by the BBC? 2010? 2011? 2012? 2013? 2014?

I don't watch VIVA, music channels, shopping channels etc. Can I petition VM not to pay for those? No, I have to accept that I have to help spread the cost for the others who do.

Oh, I don't smoke either. I would like the option not to pay for the medical costs attributed to those who do smoke. Where do I go to whinge about my tax concerns in this case? That's right, I can't. I do like a drink now and again, so can my money be put into research for drink related problems? No, that's right, it can't.

The BBC is and always will be a tax, it is as simple as that.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote