View Single Post
Old 28-01-2015, 20:36   #1288
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I think it'll be interesting when HBOGO launches as a stand alone service globally.
Sky had a deal in place with WWE but that never stopped the network from launching.
Yup, I can not see why HBO will not launch their own subscription service. Sky may have had exclusive rights to the subscription rights under the previous deal. Does not mean they have secured them under the extended, newer deal. I have yet to see Sky say they have exclusive subscription rights for the UK under the newest deal.

I honestly think HBO have Sky over the proverbial barrel now. If Sky still want exclusive first run rights, they will have to dance to HBO's tune in this country.

Does anyone know when the original 5 year deal for SA would have been up? Perhaps, just perhaps, we might see HBOGO launch around that time.

Equally, we may not see it arrive. Sky may very well still have exclusive subscription rights, they simply might not feel to the need to advertize the fact.