View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 16:55   #652
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin TV (What's on soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They are situation comedies. Real life situations but most often a little bit OTT. Little Britian was hardly accurate to real life for a start.

I do enjoy most of those shows. Whatever Trollied is it must be doing something right to have got to 4 series and to have some of the cast that it has. I noticed one of the cast is a wee kid comedian that was on Britain's got Talent last year I think it was.

I think with sitcoms wether accurate or a bit OTT people can relate to them because of their everyday situations. eg Men behaving badly, Friends. 2point4 children. Birds of a Feather/

Blackadder and Derek are also hardly accurate to real life. Sitcoms most often take real situations and make them a bit OTT, its where a lot of the comedy comes from.
I agree, Trollied must be doing something right. I just can't figure out what.

I would strongly disagree about Little Britain and Derek not being accurate to real life though (Little Britain is definitely OTT though, but firmly based in real life.) If I write about that though, I imagine it would take this massively off topic.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote