View Single Post
Old 14-10-2014, 14:47   #8
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Windows Update problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
These are all just allows for inbound connections. They should have no effect on outbound connections.
OK, sorry if I'm being really simple but why does the Windows error code I got mention that I may need to add those 3 Windows links to my Firewall exceptions then?

==========================

Update

Right I am now back on the wife's PC and the upload and Windows update problems persist. I just checked the update history and found the following were the most recent updates listed:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.185.2784.0)

Installation date: ‎13/‎10/‎2014 12:42 Installation status: Successful

Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320

Installation date: ‎26/‎08/‎2014 15:07 Installation status: Successful

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.177.1917.0)

Installation date: ‎08/‎07/‎2014 14:57 Installation status: Successful

So prior to my being able to update the Windows Defender definitions yesterday, the last update was Windows Update Agent which is supposed to handle all automatic updating, the very thing which is broken. Could a problem here be the cause of this issue?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote