View Single Post
Old 23-09-2014, 13:43   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
How much is the basic state pension?

Don't ask the shadow Work & Pensions Secretary:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...o-9750464.html

I don't know, Miliband hasn't got a clue what his own household's shopping budget is and Rachel Reeves seems very confused about something so basic.

They've been banging on about the 'cost of living crisis' for ages so it's strange that they don't seem to be any more in touch with the lives of ordinary people than those evil out of touch Tories they like to smear at every opportunity.

I heard another of their senior people, Harriet Harman possibly, being interviewed yesterday about the minimum wage. She was in full flow blaming the tax credit system for the taxpayer effectively subsidising big business when she just stopped herself saying " the tax credit system we created...", preferring to modify it to the "tax credit system which has developed..." (or words to that effect). Not that doing so excuses her party for any blame in the matter, I mean they presided over years when Brown's typically complicated 'solution' to a simple problem was having exactly the same effect and never chose to do anything about it. How very odd...

Anyway, Miliband apparently wants 10 years to put right what the ConDems have done. I take it that he reckons what he and his cohorts did to the UK isn't any longer a problem which needs attending to. In which case maybe HMG has achieved something after all. In any event it's a bit rich telling us he needs 10 years to put right 5 years of mayhem when he's been criticising the other side for not managing to undo 13 years worth of typical Labour chaos and ineptitude in a single term of coalition government.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote