View Single Post
Old 20-09-2014, 13:12   #2484
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
Wouldn't it be best to actually see if the extra powers promised to Scotland materialise before slating everyone involved?
It's the sudden lack of clarity that bothers me. The Government made a promise to Scotland and they should keep it to the timetable agreed. Any perceived movement of the goal posts needs to be condemned quickly.

There are a lot of people unhappy in Scotland. We need to help things get back to normal and it won't be helped by a perception that the party leaders are going back on their promises one day after the vote.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Quote:
Given that position I'm surprised, to say the least, that you're now hoping to hold messrs Cameron, Clegg and Miliband to their word on the basis of what appears to be little more than a note scribbled in haste on the back of a fag packet and published on the front page of a newspaper in an attempt (successful at that) to make Scottish voters think they were being offered anything beyond that which they might achieve under any Edinburgh Agreement negotiations.
I think you're being too brutal here. I am unhappy with the suddenly ambiguity but we're a long away from this being 'done'. For example Brown has confirmed that the motion in the leaflet Russ posted has been signed and will be presented to Parliament on Monday. They haven't completely dismissed their promises yet.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote