View Single Post
Old 22-07-2014, 11:02   #4729
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Look its a personal choice on what people want to spend their money as some spend it on home entertainment , some spend it on their home , some spend it on going out and some spend on other things and as we don't drink and smoke we spend some of ours on home entertainment.
I agree Den. What little I have left after all my bills (its expensive living on ones own) goes on books, blurays, my very sweet tooth, lovefilm by post (far better than Sky Movies) one take away a week, the odd night out each month and a couple of bottles of beer when I feel liking taking the edge off. Blurays can be massively over priced, but I have the luxury of waiting until the price drops before I pick them up. I could go on film forums and moan until my fingers hurt, or I could make the decision which best suits my needs (which I currently do.)

I just fail to understand the need for people to talk as if they are victims. Everyone has a choice, pay it and face the consequences or don't pay it. I love a vast amount of sports (although I am doing my best to try and forget England have a cricket team currently) and whilst I can budget for SS, I refuse to pay the stupid prices. How many football fans are still paying for SS when there is no football on? Why pay it if you only want the football? If you watch lots of different sports (cricket, golf, rugby, tennis) then it is still over priced, but somewhat better value.

As you say, you pay the money and you make your choice. Anyone moaning on here (as cathartic as it may be) is not going to change anything. The more people pay, the more Sky/BT will charge. The FA are not going to stop the PL bringing all the money in, the only people who will change it are the fans.

We have four big supermarkets in the country, people (mainly) shop at the one that suits their budget and their tastes. If there were 4 PL providers would people blindly pay all 4 companies or choose the one that suits their budget and tastes?
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote