View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 14:23   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: How to stop WIFI access to/from selected laptops/PCs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by resander View Post
Would like to try idi banashapan's suggestion plugging in a second router into an ethernet port of the Superhub 2 router and use that for the children's wifi only and the Superhub for the other home devices.

Have been with Virgin since 2008 and used the hub installed by the virgin technician, so I have no knowledge about other more advanced use of the the hub.

Q7. in idi banashapan's reply post #14 one sentence reads:
"set the gateway of the the additional router to be the Superhub."
How do I do this?

Q8. after having set the gateway for the second router to the Superhub, how do I set parameters for it?
(for the superhub I would type 192.168.0.1 from Firefox/Chrome address line for this).

Q9. have no second router at the moment - any recommendations what to buy for this usage?
You don't need to do any special settings with regards to the default gateway. All you need to do is use the second router as a wireless access point and you can configure the ssid and password etc on it like you did with the shub. The shub will hand out the ip addresses for the devices via dhcp and all the devices will use the shub as the default gateway.
As it is for your children you might not want to spend oodles on another router and might consider getting one second hand off ebay but as a nice all around I would suggest this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-EA27...linksys+ea2700
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote