View Single Post
Old 14-04-2014, 22:31   #1135
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Btw Stephen,here's a few more funny stories which eminated from down south,I give you Andy Burnham with the hilarious story that Scots will drive on the opposite side of the road.
The utterly barmy Lord Fraser with this...
Mr Fraser insisted that if the Scottish people voted in favour of Scottish independence, the country would be left undefended. He expressed his fear that enemies of the rump-UK would then be able to use Scotland as a base for launching air strikes, adding: "If that were to happen what alternative would England have but to come and bomb the hell out of Glasgow airport and Edinburgh airport."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politi...ports.17005697
Then we have loony George Galloway coming out with If Scotland had been an independent country in the 1930s we would all be speaking German.

Up next we have the latest attempt from BT,no,its not April 1st.

Conveniently ommiting the wages earned in those countries compared tae ours.

Goodnight.

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Except the SNP plan involves Scotland being part of the EU, being a new EU member involves accepting the Euro. Forgetting for a second that even the most optimistic fiscal outlook for iScotland would make it in-illegible for euro membership why would they accept an opt out?

Of course if Salmond actually has any hard and fast evidence that this would happen he could publish it.
The Little Englanders are more than welcome tae move out of the EU,that's their prerogative,me,I'd rather stay in it despite the amount of money that has been stolen but is it any worse than what England has stolen from Scotland,I don't think so.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote