View Single Post
Old 14-04-2014, 21:43   #1132
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
It won't happen. When your lot and ours were offered devolution and all we managed was a glorified town council (the Welsh Assembly) it was rumoured that back then that for some reason Yorkshire wanted its own assembly, followed by some other regions. It didn't materialise in those days and it won't now.

In all seriousness, you're clearly very confident of a Yes result but have you actually considered what you (personally, not the Scots) will do if it's a 'no'? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested. I'm sure even AS has some sort of contingency plan. If it doesn't go your way I'm hoping you'll accept the result and not look to blame any sort of conspiracy etc, I'm fairly certain enough people have access to the internet to check on whatever claims are being made and judge for themselves if they're real.

If it turns out as a 'no' (I'm not too bothered either way but I think I'd prefer a United Kingdom) it's unlikely another vote will be allowed for many years, decades even. What will you do in the meantime?
If it all goes tits up then so be it,I'm pretty sure it will be hard going,there's no doubt about it whatsoever,but we will have tae knuckle down,take the good with the bad,it holds no fears for me at all.
I've been slagged something awful in recent months but instead of disappearing I give as good as I get though some of it has been hostile,but hey,that's the nature of message boards.
Another forum I'm on,there's a solitary BT voter who's been getting it in the neck,I've told the YES voters that he's entitled tae his opinion like everyone else,fair doos tae him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yes men really don't listen do they? You've been told a few times. Ow the the pound won't be kept and that Scotland will have different taxes and rates.

Scotland would be a separate Country so they could require border checks to enter England Ireland and Wales.

Also don't be silly. Everything needs a plan B. Fat Alex doesn't even have a proper plan A.
Stephen,seriously,the pound WILL be kept as our currancy,border checks,you cannot be serious,without being cheeky,i'm beginning tae think you are out of your depth on this subject.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Jimi's just articulated the SNP's new referendum slogan:

"Plan B? We haven't got a Plan A!"

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips n chains excite me.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote