View Single Post
Old 13-01-2014, 12:30   #269
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'd say reality TV has evolved into a strange hybrid of reality and staged reality which is keeping the genre as popular as ever. Shows like Come Dine With Me, The Only Way Is Essex, Made In Chelsea, Geordie Shore, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares and Peter Andre My Life have loyal followers and score reasonable viewing figures. Not my cup of tea but if you scan through the EPG it's littered with these types of shows.

I agree the viewing figures aren't as dominant as maybe 10 or 15 years ago however since then channel choice has tripled, more homes have a PVR for time-shifted viewing, TV on demand has taken off and online viewing is coming into it's own. The viewing public can now watch what they want, when they want, which wasn't always the case in the late 90's.
And that is the great thing as we record most of our favourite programmes and watch them at a suitable time that suits us and our family.