View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36   #4057
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I've had a quick Google and the Sky deal appears to be with about £260m to the ECB, and they don't have to administer subs or worry about producing TV content. I think it would be a brave sport who would go it alone and put themselves up against subscription services carrying the Premier League.
Ah, can't say I thought about TV production. However, sure the production costs would be covered in the price I would, in theory, pay?

I don't really care for football these days. Many millions don't either. My local club and England pique my interest now and again, but if I had Sky Sports for the cricket only, I would happily, and have happily, dropped Sky Sports. I would happily pay the governing body directly, rather than pay over the odds to help a third party rip people off.

I would happily pay similar sums directly to the RFU too.

If govern bodies are scared of doing this, Sky and BT should launch a PL service, and charge massively over the top for it. They could then let real sports fans enjoy the vast amounts of "boring" sports for a fairer price.

#pipedreamsagain.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote