View Single Post
Old 29-11-2013, 23:26   #4055
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I think there is a cultural problem with pay per view in this country, it's become a byword (phrase) for rip off. But done properly then it really could be the way forward. It would, however, mean less funding for minority sports.
Yup, PPV sports could work well. I would happily pay the ECB or RFU a few quid to watch the few tests I have the opportunity to watch when not working.

I would like one sport to break away from Sky or BT and offer their own service (which has been mentioned many times before before). I.E. ECB could charge £35 a year for access to watch all tests, odi's and T20's. It would "only" take 10 million cricket fans to give the ECB £350 million a year. I do not know how much Sky give the ECB, but I would imagine (when adding the sale of highlights) they could earn money this way than they could from Sky.

It's a pipe dream, I know but I will keep dreaming it.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote