View Single Post
Old 18-10-2013, 15:50   #2324
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm weighing up my options , fibre is nearing in my area and we are lucky to be pretty close to the cab , BT are estimating 58.1mb down and 20mb up via the postcode checker as my line is currently with Sky how accurate are these ? I've also looked at VM as we can get a mates rate deal , I'm sceptical however as last time we had 30mb the service was terrible so much so I left early , what's the upload speed on the 60mb service ?
Upload speed on 60meg is currently 3mbit. If you're thinking of going for that mates rates deal and upload matters to you, the extra £5 a month for 120/12 is probably worth it. Was to me, anyway. Even with the STM, the mates rates price is a pretty good deal all in all - assuming the network is up to the task. You could always check with a neighbour to see how their Virgin is.

I guess if the service is still terrible, you can always leave again.

As for the post code checkers, they're not amazing but I've found them to be in the right ballpark at least.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote