View Single Post
Old 23-07-2013, 12:57   #430
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

My brother has been in a bad situation, He worked for the Royal Armouries since leaving school at 16 he worked for them for about 15 years then got made redundant in 2011.

Since then he has struggled to find work as when he left school he left with not much qualifications and never expected to the inside of a dole office. but here we are but because of government cut backs the house he lives in is private rent and is around £460 a month while working it wasn't a problems he's never been in debt.

But because he is under 35 (34) this year he is classed as only being able to get shared accommodation rent (£61) a week which doesn't cover his rent neither does the dole money he gets every 2 weeks make up for the rest as he uses that for food, gas/elec, water etc.

He's spoken to the local councilor and gone through a break down of his general living and he's agreed the outgoings far exceed his living.

He's applying for 1 bed flats through the council and managed to get moved to band B giving him a better chance. but no luck yet and he's struggling with jobs. his CV is fine but I think its the masses applying.

The housing officer has suggested that he sell his his stuff and move into a hostel. I was well annoyed over hearing that. he's spent years building his house up and 33 I don't see why he should give it all up because at 35 you seem to be classed as ok to get £100 a week towards rent. which it would have stopped him getting in so much debt.

So he is about 2k in debt with rent now the landlord has been ok with it and understands his circumstances but even he has said that he can only take it for so long and he'll be kicked out so it's just a matter of time.

So he can't get any help at all times have got hard
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote