View Single Post
Old 14-07-2013, 22:01   #13
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Government puts Ciggy profit before childrens health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Up here in Scotland the SNP Government passed legislation meaning big stores like Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s have to hide cigarette displays from the buying public.

The names of each cigarette brand and their price are written in incredibly small text on the front of each cabinet. Pretty much only the cashier knows what cigarettes they sell and how much for.

All shops selling tobacco must sign up to the new Scottish Tobacco Retailers Register by 2015. It's not going to be long until there is a zero tolerance to cigarettes being on display anywhere. Cigarette vending machines have also been banned.

The SNP hope that any glamour attached to each brands packaging will become defunct. Also by having cigarettes hidden away it's hoped through time the next generation of potential smokers will see a stigma attached to asking for products that are that bad they need to be hidden away.
Same down south, all my supermarkets are behind closed doors.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote