View Single Post
Old 23-05-2013, 21:39   #81
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
xbox one seems like nothing more than a locked down PC in a small case. people going on about how you can take a skype call and play a game at the same time. and all this on a 32bit machine with only 8GB RAM.
64bit (x86-64), not 32bit.

The Xbox One and the PS4 both use a semi-custom AMD Jaguar 64bit 8-core APU. Spec-wise the PS4 does seem to have an edge, though, as its graphics core apparently has 18 compute units compared to the 12 compute units found in the Xbox One's graphics core, along with the PS4 having 8GB of GDDR5 compared to the Xbox One's 8GB of DDR3.

I don't think that you can really apply PC RAM usage or requirements to either console, though - they may have "PC style" specs because of the architecture, but as they are consoles they are built to a fixed spec with a cut-down OS optimised for that fixed spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
i dunno, maybe I've always missed the point in consoles. I suppose if you're 15 and still live at home with only your bedroom to claim as your own, it makes sense. but as an adult, there's surely no need for it? don't get me wrong, when I was living at home, I too had the master system and mega drive and a Playstation. but once I moved out and got a job, it's always been PCs.
I'm 35, and live with my wife... I currently have a 360 and PS3, and had various consoles before those.

I've never been very fond of PC gaming.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
That's just it though, rumours suggest that you won't be able to do that with the new Xbox.
You will have to install the game to the HDD before you can play it
... Although you don't need to wait for the installation to finish before playing.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/what-it-is

Quote:
Play without the wait.

With Xbox One, you can start playing immediately as games install. And updates install seamlessly in the background, so your games and entertainment won’t be interrupted.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote