View Single Post
Old 23-05-2013, 20:58   #76
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
xbox one seems like nothing more than a locked down PC in a small case. people going on about how you can take a skype call and play a game at the same time. and all this on a 32bit machine with only 8GB RAM.

i dunno, maybe I've always missed the point in consoles. I suppose if you're 15 and still live at home with only your bedroom to claim as your own, it makes sense. but as an adult, there's surely no need for it? don't get me wrong, when I was living at home, I too had the master system and mega drive and a Playstation. but once I moved out and got a job, it's always been PCs.
What a stereotype!

I am 32 and still play games on Consoles. I have a 360, PS3 and a Wii U.

I don't live at home I live with my Fiancee and game in the Living Room, and also game on a Macbook Pro and an iPad.

When I did live at home I also had a PC to game on, I built it myself.

Console gaming is and always will be easier than PC gaming. Thats the convenience, you buy the console and just put the games in and play. For many people its cheaper and a lot quicker than buying/building a PC which you may need to upgrade or tweak to get the best performance.