View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 23:33   #5
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: No Wireless Networks were found in range

Hmm, not sure about this one as I've only just started with wireless myself.

Have you got the Network name set to the same thing on both machines?

Have you got any of the security features enabled (WEP etc?) and if so have you made sure that you have given the same settings and key to both machines?

In the properties section have you got the box ticked that says it is an Ad-Hoc network?

please understand that I'm just guessing on some of these things as I'm not complete;y up on the technology yet but it might be woth checking these things.

Another thing you could look at is your zonealarm logs (assuming they're switched on). Is there anything in there (look at the firewall tab). I know you say that ZA has been installed on both for a while but IIRC they have recently updated ZA so that may have affected things a bit.

Try lowering the Internet Zone and Trusted Zone security sliders (on the firewall tab) and see if that has any effect.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote